Brave girl who saved her brothers in fire died in Bashkiria
UFA, 23 March 2017. /Bashinform News Agency, Gulfiya Akulova/.
The 21-year-old resident of Bashkortostan Ekaterina Slegina rescued her two brothers out of the house engulfed in flames, died yesterday in Ufa Burn Centre, the girls mother Elena Slegina informed. Her body could not recover from burns and carbon monoxide poisoning.
The fire occurred in one of the houses in the Ermolaevo village of Kuyurgazy District on March 5. The 20-year-old Kate and her nine and three-year-old brothers, stayed overnight at grandma's house, where the fire occurred at night. The girl woke up her grandmother and led one boy through the flames outside, then she pulled out the second brother through the window. Her great-grandmother died in the fire, Kate also tried to save her.
As Bashinform News Agency reported, the Emergency Situations Ministry of the republic is preparing a petition for awarding Ekaterina Slegina a medal "For Courage In Fire".