26 August 2015, Wednesday, 17:26

Three people got methane poisoning in the sewage pit in Bashkortostan


UFA, 26 August 2015. /Bashinform News Agency, Arthur Basyrov/. In Bashkortostan three people got methane poisoning in the sewage pit. One of them died on the scene, and two are in the hospital. The Investigative Committee of Bashkortostan reports that the tragedy occurred in one of streets in the village of Urman.

According to authorities, yesterday three employees of the utilities service department performed works on sewage pit cleaning. One of the mechanics went down into the well and felt bad. Two friends tried to help him. Presumably, all three of them got poisoned by methane vapours.

On this fact a pre-investigation check is carried out.