06 February 2015, Friday, 13:51

Gas exploded in an apartment building in Baimak: three victims


UFA, 6 February 2015. /Bashinform News Agency, Olga Murtazina/. In the evening of February 5, gas explosion occurred in a three-story house in Alibayev Street in the city of Baimak. According to the Ministry of Emergency Measures of Russia in the Republic of Bashkortostan, the information about the fire was received at 19.45. There were victims, the Investigative Committee RB carries out an investigation.

According to preliminary reports, the fire started because of a gas leak in a one-bedroom apartment on the first floor. The apartment burned out completely. In 12 apartments doors were damaged, in several — windows.

The proprietress of the burnt apartment is in the hospital in serious condition. The two dwellers of the house who at the time of the explosion were going upstairs, suffered little burns. They received medical treatment.

The preliminary cause of the fire was violation of the rules of gas equipment operation.

According to the press service of the Ministry of Interior in the Republic Bashkortostan, currently police officers are on duty at the scene, which ensure the safety of the property of the evacuated residents.