19 February 2011, Saturday, 12:50
author: news agency "Bashinform"
After coming back from the VIII international economic forum in Krasnoyarsk the President RB Rustem Khamitov gave the interview to the TV-channel “BST”, in which he summed up the totals of this forum. The text of the interview is given below (shortly):
- Rustem Zakievitch, the delegation RB, headed by you, has visited the VIII international economic forum in Krasnoyarsk. What are the preliminary totals of this trip?
- Any economic forum, moreover such wide-scaled one as in Krasnoyarsk, represents a site for various business meetings, negotiations and for building up new relations with the regions and with the people living there. We’ve held many interesting meetings and I believe new productions, new opportunities and new business projects will become the results of these negotiations. We’ve held a meeting with the Ambassador of France M-r Jean Gliniasti and this meeting turned out to be very efficient. The Ambassador came to Krasnoyarsk, accompanied by a large group of French business people and we held business negotiations practically with all of them: with the representatives of well-known French companies “ALSTOM” and “AUCHAN” as well as with the new for us “Air Liquid”, specializing in water purification, and “GORIMPEX”, mainly busy with construction of the skiing resorts.
- For the first time the international forum “Big Chemistry” will be held in Bashkortostan in 2011. Will this forum be comparable with the forum in Krasnoyarsk by its scales?
- We’d like the forum, which is to be held in Ufa at the end of May, would be comparable with the most popular international forums and it is clear we still face too much hard work ahead for that but we already know that rather many big companies and enterprises from foreign countries are busy with the preparations for participation in our forum now. The representatives of Japan, Germany, the USA and, sure, the specialists of our enterprises and big Russian companies are invited. Our maximal goal is to reach a serious international level.
- You held negotiations with the Krasnoyarsk region Governor. What you were taking about in the course of that meeting and what decisions were reached?
- We’ve signed the cooperation agreement with Krasnoyarsk region in September 2010 at the economic forum in Sochi. This is rather large document, which presumes various forms of cooperation. First, Krasnoyarsk region is very interested in plant vegetation in hothouses – tomatoes, cucumbers and other vegetables. The thing is that such technologies in Krasnoyarsk are developed mainly by Chinese specialists but, alas, they use too many pesticides and herbicides, so the problem of ecological purity is quite evident in this business and we have good examples of successful work in this directions, for instance, the state farm “Alexeevsky”, the hothouses in Tuimazinsky and Sharansky regions RB etc. Second, we were talking about timber working and housing construction and about interaction in sphere of electrical power engineering and energy saving. Krasnoyarsk has good experience on establishment of the Siberian Federal University. Krasnoyarsk was always very interesting region for us and establishment of such horizontal relations looks quite urgent for us.
- The Corporation for development of our Republic was established in Bashkiria not long ago. What role does it play for making favorable conditions for the investors?
- Talking with the French businessmen we reported the investment climate underwent serious changes in the Republic. Many bureaucratic procedures were maximally simplified. Nonetheless in order to start any business here one needs a certain period of time and we decided to establish the Corporation for development RB, working in “one window” mode and busy with advancement and development of investment business projects from Russia and foreign countries. In the nearest future the corporation will start working. Business and investors are rather fearful, they demand to minimize the losses they bear at the initial stage and we are ready to undertake the unprecedented measures in sphere of tax relief, especially in land relations, reducing the communication of the future investors with various local bureaucratic structures, often raising plenty of obstacles, to minimum.