17 August 2010, Tuesday, 18:16
author: Alfia Agliullina | photo: Miron Dorovskih
The Republican clinical oncological dispensary is going to celebrate its 65th anniversary. It was established in 1945 by the decree of the Bashkir People’s Commissars’ Council on the base of the Republican clinical hospital and only 50 beds were installed that time.
The Republican oncological dispensary today is the largest health protection institution of such profile in Russia with 600 beds and 12 profiled clinical divisions. Every year about 11 thousand patients receive high-tech medical care here and more than 7 thousand operations are made.
The opening of a new surgical building of the dispensary has become the main event of the jubilee year this summer. The erection of the new building was caused by the annual growing need in strengthening of the oncological service in the Republican health system.
The six-storied building with the total area nine thousand square meters includes the surgical block, reanimation ward, X-ray, endoscopy and sterilization divisions and the laboratories. 1 billion 200 million rubles have been spent for construction of the object, including 630 million – the cost of the newest medical equipment. Thanks to it the medics received more opportunities for diagnostics and treatment of the oncological diseases.
The index of the oncological sickness rate in Bashkortostan remains stably low as compared with other regions in the Volga federal district. In 2009 the sickness rate with malignant neoplasms made up 275,7 cases per 100 thousand people. At present time about 70 thousand citizens RB are registered there. At the same time the tendency to growth of the number of the oncological diseases is preserved in the Republic as well as all over the world. In Bashkiria this index makes up 0,5% every year.