25 March 2010, Thursday, 18:03
author: Elmira Sabirova | photo: Raif Badykov
Ufa school N34, the Bashkir gymnasium N144, the Maxim Gorky gymnasium N3 and the Komarov Ufa City Palace of Children's Activity got the international certificate "UNESCO Associated Schools". This was reported to the RB Committee for UNESCO Affairs by the project manager Livia Saldary. The meeting took place in the UNESCO headquarters in Paris.
There were 10 such schools in Bashkortostan up to the present moment; the total number of these schools all over the world is 8700. It needs to mention that the UNESCO Associated Schools Project is one of the longest and most successful projects of this organization. It was initiated in 1953.
The participants work in four main directions — spread of information about the UNO and UNESCO, education for steady development, piece and human rights, and intercultural dialogue.
During the meeting, results of the activity of the UNESCO Associated schools were presented. For example, the principal of Ufa gymnasium N39 mentioned that their school was one of the first in Bashkortostan to join this project. Speaking about the directions of the activity, she emphasized that the gymnasium had many international relations, for example with Finland, England and other countries.
Another project was presented by Daniel Vitoshkin, the seventh former of Ufa school N155. He presented the investigation devoted to the history of his native land. The peculiarity of the work was that the boy participated in the archaeological excavations himself. The foreign experts made special mention of the uniqueness of this project and its compliance with the aims of UNESCO.
In conclusion of the meeting, the project managers noted that the presented reports are perfect examples of turning the theory into practice.