Demidovs House will be vacated from tenants in Ufa
UFA, 16 January 2020. /Bashinform News Agency, Gulfiya Akulova/ translated by Tatiana Aksyutina/.
In Ufa, they are preparing for the resettlement of residents of house No. 57/1 October Revolution Street, known as the Demidovs mansion.
The house belonged to the family of the famous Demidov owners of mines. It was built around 1770 by Evdokim Demidov. The street used to be called Bolshaya Kazanskaya. The mansion was made of stone, decorated with stucco molding. Behind the house was a huge manor with warehouses, barns, a cozy patio. After the death of Evdokim Demidov, his son Ivan Demidov, the owner of the Kaginsky and Uzyansky factories, inherited the mansion. After him, the estate passed into the possession of the merchant Safronov. With the advent of Soviet power, the house was confiscated and adapted for congregative living facilities. The building was rebuilt several times, including after a fire.
The Demidovs mansion is considered the oldest building in Ufa. According to some reports, in 1774 (75), the great Russian commander Alexander Suvorov stayed there.
In 2014, the building was declared dilapidated and subject to reconstruction. Since 2015, the mansion has been included in the unified state register of cultural heritage objects (historical and cultural monuments) of the peoples of the Russian Federation.
As follows from the documents on the website of the city hall, the premises and the land on which the house stands are subject to seizure for municipal needs in the manner prescribed by law. The tenants will be provided with other comfortable living premises.